Saturday, July 23, 2011

Songbird Reveals Her Tiny Bunny Persona in Second Life and Raglan Shire

Tweet-Tweet!  A Blog?  Whoa, I'm growing up and progressing into areas I never thought I would, but life is about change and growth.  So here's the first of many installments of my journey toward self-awareness and self-expression.

First off, I love being a tiny bunny in Raglan Shire in a virtual world called Second Life (SL).  For those of you who think virtual worlds are a joke, a waste of time, or where questionable activities go on, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's not to say that that's how it is for everyone else.  Secondly, I don't spend exorbitant amounts of time in SL that consumes my time in real life (RL) or interferes with my responsibilities in RL, so no worries there.

Thirdly, the growth and knowledge I've gained by being a resident of SL and more specifically Raglan Shire, has been TREMENDOUS.  My confidence, my creativity, and my talents have been perfected to the point where it's carried over to my self-esteem in RL. This is truly amazing as my journey towards self-confidence and self-acceptance has been one that I've been on for most of my life.  I've read books, gone to professionals, meditated, done Yoga, blah, blah, blah, but the skills I've attained in SL and the encouragement from tiny and biggy friends alike has been the catalyst to self-appreciation and self-love long missing in my real-life existence. Yes, I have religious beliefs that have helped along the way as well. 

My persistence to be my authentic self has led me to many avenues, and this blog will be one more step toward my life-long goal of self-acceptance and self-expression.  I've been struggling with insecurity and self-doubt for many years, but I can truly say that I've come a long way.  The challenge is always there, but I see more and more of who I truly am, and I'm liking what I see.

Thank you for reading the first installment of my first blog.

Tweet-Tweet, Songbird Sorbet

2 comments: